Cavisson NetDiagnostics Enterprise (NDE) is a comprehensive Application Performance Management (APM) solution for real-time monitoring, diagnostics and management of distributed processing in your application environment using state of art technologies with minimal overhead. Leading Fortune 500 brands rely on NDE to avert risks, reduce revenue loss, and improve customer loyalty by enabling proactive monitoring and real-time diagnosis of application performance issues.
Monitor and Manage Business Transaction Health
- Analyze the performance status of business transactions – slow, very slow, or failed (due to errors).
- This can be viewed right at the tier, server, or instance view level.
- NDE helps to pin-point to the specific component/s causing performance issues.
- NDE also provides insight into business transaction health trend allowing engineering teams to proactively correct issues.
Virtual Machine Monitor
- Quickly check the health of your VMware host by monitoring CPU, memory utilization, number of virtual machines configured and running, and much more.
Integration Point Monitoring
- Monitor and analyze availability and performance of the integration points, its thread pool usage and tuning.
- Get early warning before the threads used by an integration point get busy.
Network Layer Errors/ Re-transmission
- Analyze server for the Ethernet throughput, TCP/IP connections, network errors, max connections to a single IP.
- This leads to finding the right solution to issues, e.g. need to add more IPs.
CPU Usage Analysis
- Analyze CPU and the cause of its high usage. Determine whether the CPU time is in user space or kernel space.
- NDE provides insight into the root cause of high CPU, whether it is because of Java instance or because of some other parameters like garbage collection, batch jobs, Disk I/O, and high memory consumption etc.
- Evaluate load balancing across multiple data centers and between servers.
- Erratic load balancing can cause a server to go down because of unprecedented high load.
Heap Dump Analysis
- Determine memory leak or any other heap issues and help re-evaluate the code and design of the application, which leads to memory leak and doesn’t allow garbage collection to clear up the unused objects from the heap.
- Identify the outlier metrics and pin-point the root cause of the slow response. Hotspot highlights where ever there is too much waiting in the response or a blocked-response.
- NDE Hotspots feature points to specific thread or method causing the slow response time.
- Analyze DB queries, number of active connections, leak connections, CPU, and the locks.
- This will lead to a conclusion whether DB is a cause of slow response.
- This upon fix can be compared for optimization.
Load Average Analysis
- Determine whether the application design should be re-evaluated or that the disk needs to be partitioned appropriately for usage by other systems and users.
Java Garbage Collection (GC) Tuning
- Analyze GC metrics to determine if it is the cause of performance degradation.
- This helps to fine tune to the right GC setting for optimum performance.
- Capture detailed low level run-time information on how JVM and java applications are behaving.
- The root cause can be determined by pattern matching spike with other metrics showing the tendency to vary together.
- For example, the high response time could be because of a thread hotspot.
Thread Dump Analysis
Analyze and verify the state of threads, whether they are running or stuck (wait or deadlock). For example, if a thread is stuck on a particular method then it affects the server response time. Thread dumps can be:
- Alert based,
- On-demand, and
- Schedule based
Thread Pool Analysis
- Analyze the threads as per configuration along with their status – hogging or in blocked state.
- Thread pool gives information about idle thread count, total thread count that the application can handle, pending user requests.
- Analyze whether the network cache is offloading properly or not.
- NDE helps determining whether the network cache is able to manage appropriate traffic and divert the rest to the origin server.
Powerful Reporting Engine
- NDE provides easy to use comprehensive set of template based reports capturing numerous metrics, allowing users to export them in different formats.
- Visual illustration of monitoring and reporting data in a highly custom-ready user-friendly dashboard.
Trend Analysis Comparison Reports
- A reporting feature to compare and analyze improvements and optimizations between releases before and after the fix is applied.
- Provides real-time insights into performance of critical business KPIs, including sales orders, revenue, etc.
Technologies and Protocols
Monitors for Database Stats
Cavisson Product Suite has numerous monitors to measure metrics at both the system level as well as the application level. Cavisson has developed hundreds of monitors that are commonly and very heavily used by many of our customers.
Below is a list that provides high-level insight into the richness of our monitoring capabilities. Within each stat, numerous metrics are monitored and measured. Cavisson is by no means restricted to providing following mentioned monitors. We have worked with customers in past and have very rapidly developed required monitors on demand.