NetChannel is an easy-to-use powerful network simulation solution that creates a virtual wide area network (WAN) environment in your lab mimicking a production network environment. It provides a powerful, flexible and easy way to test the performance of your applications in a real-life network environment.
NetChannel is a powerful, true WAN simulator. It offers a lot of benefits that are unique in this space:
- Comprehensive network capacity planning,
- Optimize application for an optimal remote end-user experience,
- Simulate real-life network behavior including bandwidth constraints and packet delay or loss,
- Minimize production environment problems,
- Easy to setup, on same subnet as your lab servers,
- Ability to define tunnels and network characteristics for each tunnel.
WAN Simulation Appliance
NetChannel, a WAN simulator, recreates the dynamic behavior of the Internet such that any network model can be reproduced including those that change with traffic or time.
NetChannel helps IT network professionals to perform pre-deployment testing for applications including but not limited to ERP, storage, VoIP, video conferencing, ecommerce, datacenter consolidation, disaster recovery, and web services.
NetChannel makes it possible to simulate mobile users with 3G/4G network speed or web users located in San Francisco using a web application hosted in Chicago.
Network Bandwidth Constraints
Bandwidth represents the capacity of the connection. Bandwidth is represented as data rate supported by a network connection or interface. NetChannel allow you to configure the bandwidth constraints in following units:
- Kilobits per sec (kbps),
- Megabits per second (mbps).
Packet loss Simulation
NetChannel’s base operating system is designed from ground up to provide true simulation, as experience by actual web and mobile application users. With networking stack built for this purpose, NetChannel can simulate following:
- Fixed packet loss,
- Co-related random packet loss
Network Latency Simulation
The operating system-level changes allow NetChannel to mimic real-life network latency. NetChannel allows you to configure the time elapsed between sending a message from one machine to the other, with following behavioral characteristics:
- Purely Random delay,
- delay ¾,
- Co-related random delay,
- Normal probabilistic delay distribution.
- The duplication of a data packet is handled by introducing unique identifiers. The sender tags each data packet with a unique identifier.
- The recipient records the identifiers of the data packets and discards packets whose identifiers have already been recorded.
- NetChannel allows you to configure the Packet Duplication in Network with or without correlation.
Network Latency Simulation
- Packet reordering occurs when the order of packets at the destination is different than the order of the same packets at the source.
- Using NetChannel you can configure of re-ordering of packets in Network in percentage.
- If you use delay of 10ms and re-ordering of 20%, then every 5th (10th, 15th…) packet will be sent immediately and every other packet will be delayed by 10ms.