NetOcean is a powerful back-end application simulator that removes dependencies on backend applications and third-party systems to enable faster quality & performance testing and accelerated time-to-market.
It is a battle-proven solution to simulate backend application for performance testing and quality testing. Following are the benefits of NetOcean:
- Reduce total cost of ownership for quality and performance testing an application with dependencies on third party back-end or production systems by way of avoiding the need of costly real back end or third party applications.
- Significantly improve quality and performance of software applications.
- Faster time-to-market software applications.
- Improve availability and scheduling by allowing to stay focused on the system under test than worrying about other systems or services.
- Allow agile development while enabling testing teams to decouple from complex architecture and allowing parallel development of dependent systems.
Service Virtualization :
NetOcean captures and simulates production environment like behavior and performance characteristics of back-end systems and third party applications – needed by development and testing team, and make these characteristics available within test environment.
Highly Stable in Most Demanding Environments
- More than a decade of experience in addressing application performance testing challenges around service virtualization or back-end system simulation.
- NetOcean has passed the test of working at some of the most complex and demanding situations at leading network infrastructure companies.
Easy Test Automation
- Availability of a Java API to automate controller and service management makes NetOcean developer’s first choice.
Most Comprehensive Protocol Support
NetOcean provides support for an extremely large set of protocols for:
- Simulating http/ https based services – SOAP, XML, HTML, AJAX/ JSON.
- Supporting FTP, SMTP, POP3, DNS, java, EJB, JMS, JDBC, CICS MF, MQ, Hessian, etc.
- Supporting application services like Chase payment processing gateway, VISA issuers/merchant, Blackhawk network gift card processing, Responsys email, Cheetah mail, ReD (Retail Decisions).
Power of Appliance with Ease of Cloud
- NetOcean is designed to function and perform as an appliance, yet it is extremely easy to maintain and deploy.
- It can be used as a virtual machine. There are absolutely no complexities related to upgrade, maintenance, sandbox or concerns regarding conflicting software version
Extremely Powerful Appliance
- A single appliance is capable of handling load, 100-1000x more than other legacy solutions available.
Internet True™ WAN simulation
- Real-life simulation of WAN within the controlled lab environment, allowing to mimic geographically distributed load pattern along with varying bandwidth behavior.
Lightning Fast Service Virtualization
- The deployment of service is a fast single step process.
Version Controlling of Service Definition
- With changes or upgrades to the end-point service, it is extremely important to keep and manage version control for services created. NetOcean lets you do that with ease and to also enable an easy roll-back
Statistical Distribution of Services Time
- This is to mimic a response served from a real end point server.
- In a practical scenario, the response time from the endpoint server may vary with applied load. This real-life response time can be simulated using the service time settings provided by NetOcean
Extremely Easy to Manage
- NetOcean has a built-in automated management and monitoring of the appliance and controllers.
- There’s no need for a dedicated administrator to manage the appliance.
Customization of Simulated Services
- NetOcean offers rich parameterization styles to help create appropriate data to be served by simulated services.
- This is extremely useful in testing scenarios with variation in load parameters and subsequent response to each request.
Net Ocean supports a wide range of technologies and protocols across web platforms for testing purposes. This document provides a quick insight into these supported technologies and protocols.